Setup and use of Business Alerts in REST Professional
In Rest Professional you now have the ability to nominate a user to receive a Business Alert via email when a Bank Reconciliation and System Backup have not been performed for a set number of days.
The alerts will be triggered when the first user logs into REST for the day and if the SMTP server is successfully configured. Refer to the Sensitive Change Alert Setup and Use in REST Professional article on the Prerequisites and Configuration for SMTP required for these alerts to work.
- Go to Files > User
- Click on Search - F7 and select the User you would like to receive the alerts.
- Select the user profile tab and ensure that the user has a security level of Statistics/Company details/Passwords and above
- Ensure the box is ticked for Sensitive Change Notification
- In order to set up the alerts the user must be selected as a Principal/ Director. This will then highlight the additional tab for Business Alerts. Click on this tab
Use the checkboxes to select which types of Business Alerts you would like to receive when set number of days overdue.
- If the option is selected for "Receive a Business alert when Bank Reconciliation is not performed" then the user will receive an email on the allocated number of days past the last time a Bank reconciliation was performed. To set the number of days please select from the drop down box.
- If the option is selected for "Receive a Business alert when System Backup is not performed" then the user will receive an email on the allocated number of days past the last time a System Backup was performed. To set the number of days please select from the drop down box.
When the options selected are not subsequently performed, further Business Alert emails will continue to be sent on the set number of days after the last email was sent. For example, if Receive a Business alert when Bank Reconciliation is not performed in 7 days is set then the user will receive a business alert every seven days until the Bank Reconciliation is completed.
- All alert emails will display the following related trust information:
- Database Name (License Name)
- Trust Account Name (Trust Account Name)
- Trust Account BSB
- Trust Account No
- Select OK – F12 to save the user changes
Below is an example of each of the Business Alert emails that will be sent to the Principle/Director.
System back up Alert
Bank Reconciliation Alert