Why can't i find my documents after changing an alpha code?
If you have changed a property alpha code in REST Professional (or Console Gateway), this information is not automatically updated in fileSMART Archive. What this means is that your documents will remain archived under the previous Alpha code and you could have issues finding them in future.
If you are searching for a Property Code in fileSMART and you believe there should be files archived against it, try searching by the Property Address instead.
Once you have found your documents by searching for the Property Address, complete the following steps to bulk edit the index information:
How to Bulk Edit Documents in fileSMART Archive
If you have Bulk Edit permissions then you will be able to edit multiple documents at the same time. This is useful if you need to change labels for many documents from one criteria to another. For example, you might like to publish all Owner Invoices currently archived in fileSMART to the Owners Portals. To do this:
- Search for all required documents.
- Highlight all documents you want to edit. You can do this by selecting the blank square at the top left hand corner of the search results.
3. Click the Edit Button. The bulk edit screen will appear.
- Tick the boxes for the labels you want to edit and click OK
- A prompt will appear. If you click yes, all the selected documents will have their labels changed according to what you have edited.