You may need to refund a Holiday Guest the total amount paid due to a cancellation of the booking.
This document will cover:
- How to Refund a Holiday Guest - Deposit Only
- How to Refund a Holiday Guest - Deposit & Sundries Paid or Rent & Sundries Paid (Current Month)
For instructions on Holiday Booking refunds in a "previous period", please see this article.
For how to refund a holiday guest for the total amount paid of the deposit only, please refer to the Knowledgebase document: https://kb.rockend.com/help/how-to-refund-a-holiday-deposit-in-rest-professional
Your Owner/Holiday Internal Accounts must have funds available in order to reverse the receipt/s in Rest. The Sundries must not have been Disbursed. You must also locate the receipt number/s first from the Holiday Booking Ledger.
1. Go to Transactions > Cancel Transactions > Receipt Reversal
2. Enter the receipt number and press Enter
3. Details of the receipt will now appear > Check details of the receipt before selecting OK to reverse
4. REST Professional will now ask for a reason for cancellation, enter a reason and click on OK
5. This will all appear now on the Owner and Booking ledger and the cashbook receipts report as reversed
6. Repeat the above steps for each receipt that needs to be reversed
To Process the Refund to the Guest
1. Go to Holiday Bookings > Booking Maintenance > Select the booking > Click on Sundries button > Add a new Sundry Payment as shown below and click on OK and then OK to save on Booking Maintenance
2. Go to Holiday Bookings > Rent Receipts > Enter in the alpha index of the Booking and press enter > Select Sundries Tab > Guest Refund > Enter the amount and click on OK. Complete the receipt as a Direct Deposit Payment Method under today’s date
3. Go to Holiday Bookings > Sundry Disbursement > Enter in the alpha index of the booking and press enter > Guest Refund Sundry Disbursement awaiting payment should appear in the window at the bottom of this screen
4. Click on Guest Refund and then click on Edit Sundry-F6
5. The following screen gives you the ability to be able to edit the payee of the disbursement
6. Remove the amount from ‘Disbursement to Creditor’ and make it 0.00
7. Populate the amount to be paid to the Tenant and click OK
8. This will take you back to the original Sundry Disbursement Screen. The amount should now reflect correctly to where it will be disbursed to
9. Click OK-F12
10. Rest will create your tenant/booking as a temporary creditor with a payment method of CHEQUE. If you are required to pay this out by EFT rather then cheque, you will need to edit the payment details against the creditor. You can do this by going to Files > Creditor > Payments tab – Change the details as necessary and click OK-F12
11. This payment has now been added to the creditor run for payment. To process the Refund payment immediately, go to Reports > Creditor > Remittance and Payment. Click on SELECT and choose the tenant (temporary creditor) and click NEXT
12.Click on Process and ensure you print the remittance advice, followed by the cheque (if paying via Cheque).
NOTE: If you are paying the tenant by Credit Card you will need to ensure you use Cheque Number 999999.
13. If you have changed your payment method for temporary creditor to EFT you will now proceed to creating an ABA file through Transactions > Create File for Upload to Bank – select Eft(ABA) Payments and then click on PRINT F-12
14. The ABA file is now ready to be imported into your banking software.