Activating Unique Alphas
What it does
When the Enforce Unique Alphas option is activated, REST Professional prevents you from using the same alpha code twice within a particular record type. Activating unique alphas will allow you to use features such as Document Management and Owner & Tenant Portals with REST Communicator.
How to set up
The Enforce Unique Alphas System Option must be activated by a user with the highest security level (Statistics/Company Details/Passwords & Above) using the following steps:
- Ensure all other users are logged out of REST Professional.
- Select Other > Utilities > System Options and open the Miscellaneous Tab. A System Setup & Configuration Security Check screen displays requesting a response code from Rockend.
- Contact Rockend Support on 1300 365 788 and quote the security number displayed to obtain a response code for Company Details or System Options
- Enter the Response Code provided by Rockend and click OK.
- Select the checkbox Enforce unique alphas.
- Click Yes to confirm that REST Professional will now determine if there are any duplicate alphas in your database. This may take a few minutes.
- If duplicates are not found, a message displays with this information. Click OK and then click OK on the REST System Options screen. The process of switching the Enforce Unique Alphas option is complete.
- If duplicates are found, a message is displayed with this information. Click OK and proceed to step 7
- A text document displays listing all the duplicate alphas found within you database for each file type, save this document to your desktop. Click Cancel to REST Professional System Options screen.
- You will now need to make each duplicate alpha unique in your REST database using the Duplicate.txt document
- When you have finished editing your REST Professional Alpha indexes, you will need to start again at step 1 to enforce unique alphas.