How to Create a New Document Type in fileSMART Archive
fileSMART Archive comes with a standard list of Document Types. You are easily able to add, remove or edit document types to suit your offices’ needs. We recommend that you review and set up your list of document types before you start using your fileSMART program. To create a new document type:
- Log into fileSMART Archive an the Administrator.
- Right click on the Archive Folder containing the Document Types you would like to add to.
- Select Manage Document Types from the pop-up list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the table and position the cursor on the blank line. You may need to click once to select the line and a second time to place the cursor.
- Enter the new Document Type and click OK.
- Refresh the DocType list by changing to a different Archive Folder and back again.
It may be necessary to exit fileSMART Archive and log in again if this does not work.