REST Messenger Upgrade Instructions
The download and installation of REST Messenger must be completed on the Windows Server where IIS is installed. Ensure you install REST Messenger immediately after upgrading REST Professional to the latest version.
Download the REST Messenger Upgrade File From the Rockend Customer Lounge
- Login to the Rockend Customer Lounge website using your Client ID and Password
- Click the Products heading under the Customer Lounge tab. The Products page displays all your databases, the Upgrades column indicates if there is a newer version to what you have currently installed
- Click the new version under the upgrades column. The Software Updates page displays
- Under the REST Messenger heading click Download
- Save the upgrade file to your desktop, if the option isn’t available note the location you have selected.
NOTE: This step is different depending on your web browser i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome.
Or From the Download Link
- Contact Rockend Support on 1300 365 788, quote the security number to the support representative to obtain a word to download your REST Messenger Upgrade
- Enter the word provided by Rockend Support in the field provided and click OK
- Click Save, noting the location you have chosen.
- You must be logged onto the REST Server as an administrator. Please contact your IT Provider if you need assistance with administrator rights
- Locate the upgrade file saved in setup 3 or 5 above, double click it then click Setup to start the upgrade
- Click Next to continue
- Enter your User Name and Organisation. Set option to Anyone who uses this computer (all users). Click Next to continue.
- The install Destination Folder should display as C:\Program Files\REST Messenger\ for 32 bit versions of Windows and C:\Program Files (x86)\REST Messenger\ for 64 bit versions of windows. If this is not where REST Messenger is installed, find out where it is, and select that location. Click Next to Continue
- Click Install and then Finish to complete the installation.
- After the installation has completed you will be prompted to select your IIS Scripts folder, it should default you to the correct location, if not please contact your IT Provider or the person who installed REST Messenger