How to Setup Rest Mobile with Rest Communicator
Rest Mobile is a free mobile application that allows you to access Property Maintenance Jobs and contact details for Rest Owners, Tenants, Property Managers, Creditors, Sales and Solicitors from a mobile device using Rest Communicator.
Prerequisites for using Rest Mobile
Rest Mobile is compatible with Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad using iOS 5.0 or above and Android devices using 2.2 and above.
Rest Communicator must be enabled in Rest Professional version 9 or above so that your mobile devices can have secure access to your Rest information. If Rest Communicator is not installed please do so using the Rest Communicator Installation Guide. In order to check what version of Rest you are using, in Rest go to Help > About Rest > Rest Info. If an upgrade is required, go to Rest Professional Upgrade Instructions.
Activating Rest Mobile
Rest Mobile must be activated in Rest Communicator by a user with the highest security level (Statistics/Company Details/Passwords & Above)
- Click Other > Utilities > Communicator Configuration Tool
- Click the Rest Mobile button under Services. The Rest Mobile activation page displays your Rest Database
- Check the Active checkbox against your Rest database
- Note the Portal Key for your activated database. The Portal Key is required to set up access on each mobile device
- Click Save Changes
- Click the Exit button under System
Setting up Rest Mobile on your Device
Downloading the Rest mobile Application
Rest users who would like to use Rest Mobile can download and install the application on their mobile device through the Apple App Store or Google Play. Search for Rest mobile Rockend.
Setting up your Rest Database on your Device for the First Time
When the Rest Mobile has been successfully installed on your device and your Rest Database has been activated in Rest Communicator, you are ready to set up Rest mobile on your device.
- Open Rest Mobile on your device
- Tap into the Database field
- Select the Add button
- Enter a Friendly Name for your Rest database, for example Rockend Realty Rentals.
- Enter your Rest Database Portal Key noted in step 4 above
- Save. The database details are displayed
- Select your database displayed to proceed to the login screen
- Enter your Rest Professional Password. This is the password you use to access Rest on your pc
- Select Login
Using Rest mobile
Rest Mobile uses Alpha Indexes, similar to searches in Rest Professional
- To view Personal, Linked, Sales or Commercial Diary items, select Diary to view a summary of items due today & 1 day
- For Property, Owner, Tenant, Creditor or Sales search, enter part or all of the Alpha Index of the contact
- Select the contact you wish to view from the search results
- The contact’s address, email, mobile, home, work and fax numbers display
- Property Maintenance Jobs can be accessed through property searches
- Property’s Manager and Key Number display
- Listing and Selling Salesperson and Key Number display
- SMS a contact by tapping their mobile phone number
- Call other phone numbers by tapping the appropriate phone number
- Email a contact by tapping their email address and select whether to include an image.
- Map a property address by tapping the street address
Frequently asked questions
An employee has left my agency, how do I stop their access to our agency’s contacts with Rest Mobile?
All Rest users in your Rest Database can have access to Rest Mobile using their Rest password. Changing their password, setting the User as inactive or deleting the user from Rest will ensure that they no longer have access to Rest contacts through Rest mobile.
I receive this error when I attempt to login to my Rest Database in Rest Mobile, “The agency did not respond to the request.”
This login error may occur if Rest Communicator services are not running. The Rest Communicator Installation Guide will assist in determining which services are not running and provide guidance for resolving the problem.