Blank pages appearing in documents that are scanned to File Smart Archive
We’ve had reports of several customers scanning documents into File Smart and finding they are blank. This includes Printmail collations as well as general printing of statements from Rest Professional and Strata Master.
What’s the cause?
Microsoft have confirmed a known issue "Printing from some apps or to some printers might result in a blank page or label."
This was caused by Windows Updates released by Microsoft on Wednesday 10th March 2021 & Monday 15th March 2021.
These updates are: KB5000802, KB5000803, KB5000808, KB5000809, KB5000822, KB5000848, KB5001567, KB5001568
What’s the resolution?
On Friday 19th March 2021 further update's have been released which appears to resolve the issue.
These updates are: KB5001634, KB5001638, KB5001640, KB5001648, KB5001649 as applicable below
Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2
If you are experiencing this issue:
Please install the latest Windows Update on all machines with the issue.
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button in the lower-left corner. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click either Windows Update or Check for updates. Click the Check for updates button and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer. Or follow these instructions
2. Install the latest Windows Update/s
3. Reboot computer, check again for further update/s and install as required.
4. Continue to reboot after installing each new update until there are no further update/s available.
5. Perform some test printing to the File Smart Archive printer to ensure the issue is resolved.
6. Any documents that have scanned into File Smart as blank will need to be re-scanned.
If you are not experiencing any issues:
You may not need to take any action if you have already installed the latest update OR have not installed the previously effected updates.
We recommend checking your scanned documents before saving to make sure you aren’t experiencing this issue.