How to Change Microsoft Outlook Security Settings
When sending bulk emails (i.e. owner statements, tenant invoices, sms messages, mail merge emails) out of REST and sending via Microsoft Outlook, you may encounter a message which requires you to allow the REST program to access outlook.
This issue can be overcome in two ways however we recommend discussing these options with your IT Provider before proceeding with any changes.
- Change your Microsoft Outlook Security Settings to automatically allow
- Setting up an SMTP which bypasses the use of Microsoft Outlook and uses a mail server instead. NOTE: You will still get the allow message for individual emails going out of REST, this only relates to bulk emailing.
This document will cover how to change your Microsoft Outlook Security Setting to automatically allow (unless your anti virus software is inactive or out of date).
- Go to Microsoft Outlook and click on Files > Options
- Click on Trust Centre
- Click on Trust Center Settings
- Click on Programmatic Access
- Choose the Option “Warn me about suspicious activity when my antivirus software is inactive or out-of-date (recommended)”
- Click OK