How to Process a Receipt for Cash or Cheque in Strata Master (Basic Receipting)
There are receipts when cash or cheque is received, where the funds need to be taken to the bank.
This article will cover the receipt for funds not yet showing on the bank statement.
Dating the Receipt - Important Note
It is important to note that it is unusual to backdate a receipt. Backdating receipts can create unbalanced Bank reconciliations. If you are receipting funds that still need to be banked, use current date.
1. Click on the Receipting icon on the toolbar
2. Enter the Lot and Plan and then enter. Below I have highlighted the main entry items - Lot/Plan, Amount being receipted, and tick boxes for Banked and Charging Fees to the Owners Corporation for your time.
3. When the funds are are yet to be banked, do not tick the Banked box. As soon as the Banked box left unticked, Strata Master knows that the receipt is for cash or cheque.
4. When you enter the Amount, you will notice blue ticks appear against levies above. Unless you wish to apply the funds as shown by the ticks, untick the blue ticks and re-tick as you want it to apply. In the example below, the Lot Owner has sent a cheque for $70 to cover the Swipe Card invoice of $66.00. $4 has then been applied to the oldest Levy.
5 If the funds are a cheque, enter the cheque details
6. Then, when happy with the allocation of the funds, click Process.
7. On the screenshot above you will notice the wording in blue. This is a prompt to create your banking slip/s and deposit the funds at the Bank. This is usually done once a day.