Rejected BPAY File – Incorrect Biller Code – Macquarie Bank Customers
Where the BPAY payment file is rejected due to the creditor Biller Code being incorrect, the following steps should be taken. This process applies to customers of Macquarie Bank.
Biller Code is Incorrect in a BPAY Payment File and is Rejected
Cancel BPAY Payments File
- Accounting > Adjustments > Search/Cancel Bulk BPAY Payments File
- Enter the BPAY batch/file number
- Select the batch and Cancel
NOTE: If you do not know what the batch/file number is, the Payments by Bulk BPAY report displays the batch/file number. This report is created when you Process Bulk BPAY payments.
Alternatively, use Quick Reports > click Payments tab > choose payment type Bulk BPAY, select Configure Columns check BPAY batch number column to view the batch/file number.
Cancel the BPAY payment/s
- Accounting > Adjustments > Search/Cancel Payments
NOTE: For how to search/cancel payments, please refer to the article, “How to search/cancel payments”.
Amend the Biller Code of the Creditor. There are two ways in which you can do this
- Click on the Manage toolbar > Creditors > select the Creditor > click on the Edit icon to start editing > amend the Biller code field and click Save
- Click the Creditor Invoice icon > Search for the Plan Number > select the Creditor Invoice > click on Chain Link. This takes you to the Manage Creditor screen. Click on Edit, amend the Biller code field and click Save
Change the Creditor Invoice Status from Hold to Pay
- Click the Pay icon > Search for the Plan Number > select the Creditor Invoice > change Invoice Status from Hold to Pay > click Save
- Click the Pay icon > select the Creditor from the drop down list > check Bulk BPAY check box and process the payment by clicking the Process icon
- The message below will then appear.To confirm the payment, click Yes
NOTE. If the rejected payment relates to more than one creditor, you may repeat this step multiple times by selecting each creditor one at a time. The drop down list also gives you the option to select All creditors.
Create payment file
Accounting > Process Bulk BPAY Payments > select Create BPAY File