Creating a Creditor Disbursement – Create as an Outstanding Disbursement
There are two ways the system may be set up, the most common is to create the creditor disbursement as an outstanding disbursement. To check this go to:
Other > utilities > system options > miscellaneous tab – under disbursements ENABLE OUSTANDING DISBURSEMENTS will be ticked
Creating the creditor disbursement
Work has been carried out by creditor and the disbursement now needs to be entered into REST for payment at mid month or EOM.
This procedure is used to enter invoices in REST when there is no work order eg; rates, body corporate.
This will create as an outstanding disbursement
To create the creditor disbursement, go to:
Transactions > creditor disbursements (or click on the creditor disbursements icon)
Prompts on screen
- Property – select the property that the disbursement relates to
- Creditor – select the creditor
- Amount – put in the gst inclusive amount
- Notice that REST will automatically populate the GST amount. If GST is not applicable to the invoice, delete the amount in this selection.
- Description - Enter the description of the invoice.The information you enter here appears on your owners statement.
- Account code - Select the relevant account code if a default one does not appear. Press ENTER in this field & select the code from the list that appears.
- EFT reference/Invoice number – If paid by EFT enter a reference – this will appear on the creditor’s bank statement, otherwise for cheques enter the invoice number.
- Date due – leave as the date you enter the invoice unless you do not want this to process until a specific time in the future
- OK-F12 to save the creditor disbursement in REST
- Priority – you will now need to select a priority for this disbursement
The disbursement will now appear on the Outstanding Disbursements Report and also in the owner file under the ‘O/S Disbs’ Tab