Sensitive Change Alert Setup and Use in REST Professional
In REST you can set up sensitive change alerts so that an email notification is sent to designated users.
When you select this option, every time an operator carries out the following changes/reporting in REST an email will be sent with all relevant changes/reporting that have been made:
- Owner payment detail changes
- Creditor payment detail changes
- Tenant Bond collected amount changes
- Owner Detail report preview/print/export
- Owner & Tenant by Property report preview/print/export
- Export of Information to Excel for Owner/Property/Tenant/Creditor/Diary/Sales
- Restoring data from anywhere in REST
To be able to enable this option you first need to activate SMTP (Mail server setup) in your System Options and ensure you are setup to receive these sensitive change alerts.
- Go to Other > Utilities > System Options > SMTP Tab and ensure you have a ‘SMTP server entered.
- Check that the SMTP server is working. To test this click on ‘test current emailing settings’ and say Yes to send the email.
NOTE: It is recommended that an external email address is used to test in the ‘sent items email addresses as the test will often go through successfully if using an internal email address (i.e. you could use a Hotmail or other email account). Remember to reinstate the sent items email address to the original email address after testing.
- Ensure that you have the system option ticked for “sensitive alerts. Go to Other > Utilities > System Options > Other and tick “sensitive alert for report/export”
To setup to receive sensitive change alerts follow the instructions below:
- Go to Files > User
- Click on Search – F7 and find the user you wish to setup sensitive alter for
- On the General tab ensure the users email address is valid
- Click on User Profile Tab
- Tick ‘Sensitive Change Notification’ and click OK-F12
Example of sensitive change alert email notification