Setup Documents on Portals for STRATA Master
STRATA Master 5.5 introduced the ability to upload documents to your portals using STRATA Communicator and fileSMART Archive.
See this article for more information on STRATA Master & fileSMART Integration "Using fileSMART Integration"
Documents on Portals Activation
Pre-requisites for using Documents on Portals
Click on the Installation button under the System menu and ensure your message handler services are connected.
Minimum Product Versions:
STRATA Master Version 5.5 or later together with fileSMART Version 4.7 or later must be installed to use Documents on Portals
fileSMART V6.5 or later must be installed to activate the Document description option. Click here for further details on the fileSMART Integration.
Create a fileSMART User with Publication Rights to the Portals
To allow documents on portals to be displayed you must create a user in fileSMART with archive and search permissions. This user account will be used to communicate with fileSMART from the portal.
NOTE: This user is not included in your licensed user count.
To create a new user in fileSMART
- Select Manage User Permissions from the fileSMART toolbar.
- Create a User named Portal and assign a password of your choice.
- Select Manage User Permissions for the new user Portal and assign the Individual Lots, Owners Corporation and Payments / Maintenance folders for the user.
- Check the Archive and Search boxes for each folder.
Activating Documents on Portals in STRATA Communicator
Documents must be activated in STRATA Communicator by a user with the required security level. When you have completed the next two steps your Owner and Executive portals will display an additional tab named Documents, and all documents marked to display on portals via STRATA Master or directly from fileSMART Archive will be available for your Owners and Executives to view or download.
To activate your STRATA Master database for publication of documents to the portals:
- Click Configure > Communicator Configuration.
- Click the Documents button under Services. The activation page displays your STRATA Database.
- Check the Active checkbox against your STRATA database.
- In Portal Customisation, check the Show Document Description on Portals*
- In fileSMART Credentials, enter the Username
- Enter the fileSMART user’s Password.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click the Exit button under the System to close the screen.
*fileSMART V6.5 or later must be installed to activate the Document description option.