Ray White G5 Mail (Gmail) without Outlook and Rest
Below are the instructions for setting up Outlook via IMAP to work with the G5 (Google Apps) platform that is used by Ray White.
- In Outlook, create a new IMAP account (from Tools -> Email Accounts)
- Note, the method to create a new account will vary between Outlook versions
- Use the following settings to create the account:
- Your Name: the user should enter their name
- Email Address: the user should enter their full @raywhite.com email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.googlemail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.googlemail.com
- User Name: the user should enter their full @raywhite.com email address (i.e. email@example.com)
- Password: the user should enter their @raywhite.com email password
- Click "More Settings"
- On the "Outgoing Server" tab, check the box that says "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
- Ensure the radio button option "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is checked
- On the "Advanced" tab:
- Change the "Incoming server (IMAP)" port number to 993
- Check the box that says "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Change the "Outgoing server (SMTP)" port number to 465
- Check the box that says "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
- Click "OK"
- Click "Next"
- Click "Finish"
The last 2 steps may differ from version to version of Outlook.
Once completed, this IMAP account should be made the default account; this can usually be done via the Accounts window, but will differ from version to version of Outlook.