In REST, you have the ability to do a global change to change a portfolio from one manager type to another.
This document will cover changing a Property Manager that you would like to allocate an existing portfolio and maintenance tasks in REST to another Property Manager / User.
- Do a backup of your data. Rename the backup i.e. beforePMchange.dat.zip
- Go to Files > User and add in the new User/Manager details (see document “Adding a New User in REST”)
- Ensuring you have the highest security level access in REST, access the ‘Global Changes’ Menu via Other > Utilities > Global Changes. REST will now prompt you to run a backup, click OK if you have completed the backup.
- Click on Move Portfolio Tab
- Tick Change Property Manager (or select other Manager if required)
- From– Select the Property Manager that is currently assigned the portfolio
- To – Select the New Property Manager
- Click Change
- Click OK when prompted “The selected portfolios will be changed, do you want to continue?
- REST will now display a summary of the amount of properties and/or diary items allocated to the new Property Manager.
- Ensure all users are then logged out of REST, then conduct a System Recovery via Other > System Recovery.
- Go to Files > User
- Click on SEARCH F7 and locate the old User/Manager. You can now change this user to Inactive if required