How to Add a New Creditor Card in REST Professional
This document will take you through the steps to create a new Creditor Masterfile.
From the Creditor Details you check on all creditor details, payment details, check maintenance jobs, setup creditor barcode template for barcode creditor disbursements and fileSMART creditor disbursements.
- Go to Files > Creditor or click on the Creditor icon
- Click on ADD MODE-F4 and ensure the blue "Add Mode" box comes up before you begin entering data, then enter the details for the creditor
- Enter the details on the General Tab:
- Alpha Index – This can be up to 10 characters of the creditor name. This field must start with a letter, not a number, and should not contain any punctuation or embedded blank spaces
- Name – This can be up to 40 characters to enter the Creditor’s name
- Address – This can be up to 40 characters on each of the 3 lines to enter the property address. This will be shown on the Creditor Remittance
- Contact – This can be up to 40 characters to enter the contact person’s name
- Salutation – This can be up to 40 characters to enter the salutation which will show on any merge letters
- Email – Enter the creditors email address
- Phones – Enter up to 20 characters for each of the work, home, mobile and fax numbers with no spaces between the numbers
- Category – Select the category for this creditor as required from the drop down list
- Default Account Code – Enter the required account code - When you are entering creditor disbursements for this creditor, this is the default account code that will be entered however it can be manually changed if required
- Temporary Creditor – Tick this box if setting up a temporary creditor i.e. you may have one off payment to a tenant - If this box is selected, the creditor will be deleted or made inactive depending on your system options setup after end of month process is complete.
- Enter details on the Payment Tab:
- Payment Method – The Payment method determines how a creditor will be paid. Select a payment method from payment method drop down list:
Cheque – This will produce a cheque for the creditor. The creditor remittance advise is produced with the narration ‘Cheque Herewith’
- Payee Name: Enter who the cheque should be made out to. Press Enter on the blank field to auto populate the creditor name
- Address: Enter the address of the cheque payee. This is optional
Auto Deposit (EFT) – This will produce the payment electronically, each invoice for the creditor is treated as a separate deposit on the creditor's bank statement along with the Agency name and any invoice number entered. The creditor remittance advice is printed with the narration 'Funds transferred to your Bank Account'
Auto Deposit (EFT) Consolidated – This will produce the payment electronically, each invoice for the creditor is totaled and transmitted as one deposit on the creditor's bank statement
Auto Deposit (EFT) and Electronic Remittance - This option is used for Sydney Water ONLY. All Sydney Water disbursements are consolidated into one EFT payment and a specific remittance file is emailed to address entered in Email for Remittance file field
NOTE: Arrangements must be made with Sydney Water to use this facility.
- Deposit Account Name: Enter the payee account name. Press Enter on the blank field to auto populate the creditor name.
- Account Number: Enter the creditor's bank account number. Australia: maximum 9 digits, New Zealand maximum 8 digits
- BSB: Enter the creditor's BSB (bank and branch number). Australia, entered as three digits, a dash and three digits e.g. 062-123. New Zealand, entered as two digits, a dash and four digits e.g. 12-1234
- Suffix: Enter the suffix. New Zealand only
- Comments: Enter up to 40 characters, any internal comments you may want to record e.g. the bank name and branch
- Email for remittance file: Enter the email address the remittance file should be emailed to. (For Payment Method Auto Deposit (EFT) and electronic remittance only)
BPAY – Select this option to pay the creditor by bulk BPAY. Only creditors with a BPAY biller code such as councils, energy and utility companies and strata agents can be paid using BPAY
Note: The option Save Reference Numbers is automatically selected when a creditor's payment method is BPAY
- Payee: Enter payee. Press Enter on the blank field to auto populate the creditor name
- Biller Code: Enter the creditor's biller code. This can be found on the creditors invoice
- Comments: Enter (up to 40 characters) any comments you may want to record.
- ABN or GST No – Enter the creditor ABN (Australia) or GST No (NZ).
NOTE: To be prompted when using a creditor that doesn't have an ABN or GST No, Select Other > Utilities > System Options > Transaction Tab, select the Warn if creditor has no ABN option
- GST Exempt – Select this option when a creditor is exempt from GST i.e. Council or Water Rates. When you enter creditor disbursements and the creditor is not GST exempt, REST expects you to enter the GST inclusive amount and calculates the GST as a percentage of this. The GST amount is displayed together with the GST exclusive amount. If the creditor is marked exempt, the GST is not calculate.
- ABN Confirmed – Select this checkbox if you have confirmed the ABN
- Charge Supervision Fee – When selected, you will be prompted to charge a supervision fee when creating disbursements for the Creditor. The supervision fee amount is entered on against each Property if applicable
- Show GST in Creditor Remittance – Select this option to display the GST component of the disbursement to be shown. This is useful if you use a creditor to collect Letting or other Agency fees and need to see the GST amount for BAS purposes
- Revenue Recovery - If you setup an agency creditor to collect revenue such as advertising, letting fees etc. using creditor disbursements and you want this to appear as revenue on the Management Revenue Report, select this option and enter a name it should display as on reports
- Prompt for Tenant Invoicing - Select this option to be prompted for tenant invoicing when entering a disbursement for this creditor. For instance, if you use Water Usage Invoicing, select the screen you would like to use Water Usage Invoicing Screen or Invoice Entry Screen from the drop down list
- E-mail work orders and quotes - Select this option to send work orders and/or quotes to creditors via email from property maintenance. Email must be set up in the Transactions Tab of System Options and there must be a valid email address on the creditor and in Company Details
- E-mail remittances - Select this option to send remittance advices to creditors via email. The system option Email Remittances must be selected for this option to display, see Other > Utilities > System Options > Transaction Tab select the option Email Remittances in the Creditor/Property Maintenance section
- Charge disbursement fee - When selected a disbursement fee can be charged on disbursements to this creditor. To charge disbursement fees, the fee must be set up against the property
- Save Reference Numbers - If this option is checked reference numbers for disbursements to this creditor are be saved on the Property's Regular Payments tab, so it can be re-used for future payments for the property and creditor
- REST DEFT Creditor - Select this option if the DEFT Creditor will be used for REST Barcode Creditor Disbursements but not for fileSMART Creditor Disbursements. If you have selected this option, the padded zeroes will not be removed from the CRN/Reference when the barcode template is set up and no Biller ID will be populated. If a creditor was previously set up with Biller ID, you will be prompted to re-scan the barcode and reconfigure the barcode template if you select REST DEFT Creditor
- Insurance Renewal - Enter the expiry date of the creditor's public liability insurance, professional indemnity or other insurance coverage. You may run the Creditor Insurance Due report to view a list of the insurance policies expiring as at the entered date. A system option provides the ability to be reminded of an expired insurance a disbursement is created for that creditor. Select Other > Utilities > System Options, select the Other tab, select the option Creditor Insurance Renewal Reminder
- Date of Last Payment - The Date of Last Payment is automatically updated when a payment is processed for this creditor
- Enter details on the Notes Tab:
- Created Date - Date and time the creditor was added in REST will default in this field
- Creditor File Notes - Enter any internal information about this creditor for your reference
- Enter details on the Barcode tab:
NOTE: The Barcode tab is used to set up and test the Barcode Template, so disbursements can be entered using a Barcode scanner for the creditor. The Barcode Template is stored against each creditor so that REST can identify the reference number and amount of the bill within the barcode being scanned Fore more information on how to setup see document "Barcode Scanning for Creditor Disbursements"
- In the Maintenance Tab you can view, edit, add and print lists of Property Maintenance Jobs for a Creditor. This will come up with all jobs with an active status.
- Grid – The grid displays all current maintenance jobs for the creditor. A current job is a job that doesn’t have the status set to Completed or Rejected.
- Show All Maintenance Jobs – tick this box if you would like to display all jobs including Completed and Rejected
- Print List – Displays the Property Maintenance Job screen pre populated with the selected Creditor’s Alpha
- Go to Job – To view a job, either highlight the appropriate job in the grid and click Go to Job or double-click the job in the grid
- Click OK-F12 to Save