How to Correct a Rejected BPAY File – Incorrect CRN – Macquarie Bank
Where the BPAY payment file is rejected due to the CRN (Customer Reference Number) being incorrect, the following steps should be taken. This process applies to customers of Macquarie Bank.
CRN (Customer Reference Number) is Incorrect in a BPAY Payment File and is Rejected
Cancel BPAY Payments File
- Accounting > Adjustments > Search/Cancel Bulk BPAY Payments File
- Enter the BPAY batch/file number
- Select the batch and Cancel
NOTE: If you do not know what the batch/file number is, the Payments by Bulk BPAY report displays the batch/file number. This report is created when you Process Bulk BPAY payments.
Alternatively, use Quick Reports > click Payments tab > choose payment type Bulk BPAY, select Configure Columns check BPAY batch number column to view the batch/file number.
Cancel the BPAY payment/s
- Accounting > Adjustments > Search/Cancel Payments
NOTE: For how to search/cancel payments, please refer to the article, "How to Search/Cancel Payments in STRATA Master"
Amend the CRN on the Creditor Invoice and change Invoice Status from Hold to Pay
- Select the Creditor Invoice icon
- Search for the Plan Number
- Select the Creditor Invoice in question
- Enter correct CRN in the CRN field
- Change Invoice Status from Hold to Pay
- Select Save
Rerun the Bulk BPAY
- Select the Credit Invoice icon
- Select the Creditor or All from the drop down list
- Check Bulk BPAY check box and process the payment by clicking the Process icon
- The message below will then appear.
- To confirm the payment, select Yes
Create the Payment File
- Accounting > Process Bulk BPAY Payments > select Create BPAY file